Wednesday, April 6, 2016

IWSG: Wednesday, April 6, 2016 ~ A Writer's Gotta Do What a Writer's Gotta Do





It's the first Wednesday 
of the month ~ 
the day when members of the
Insecure Writer's Support Group
share their writing struggles
and offer their encouragement
and support to other members.









To visit the IWSG website, click here.

To become a member of the IWSG, click here.

Our wonderful co-hosts who are stepping up to help IWSG founder Alex J. Cavanaugh are:
Megan Morgan , Chris VoteyViola FuryChristine Rains, Madeline Mora-Summonte, L.G. Keltner, Rachna Chhabriaand Patricia Lynne.

I hope you have a chance to visit them and thank them for co-hosting.
I'm sure they would appreciate an encouraging comment!
~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~

Happy April to all the IWSG members making the rounds today!

I'm sending positive thoughts, a shot of energy, and a big hug 
to all of the IWSG members who are participating in 
the marathon A to Z Challenge.
You're braver and tougher than I am!

I am currently winging it over the blue Pacific, and 
I am wondering how other writers write while traveling.



One Big Ocean



I've been in Waikiki for the past five weeks,
and the tropical air and sunshine on sparkling water
have left me feeling stronger and healthier
than I have in many years.



Paddle Boarding at Fort DeRussy



 This month I've gotten back on track with writing,
and it feels so good after my drought at the beginning of the year.

A hotel room is a good place to write.







But it's tricky when your room doesn't come with internet.

My little hotel only has wifi in its lobby
and in the breezeway between the lobby and the pool.



The Lobby at the Royal Grove,
Honolulu, Hawaii




The Other Half of the Lobby




Working in the Breezeway


And therein lies the problem fun!
With good friends, marathon talkers, piano players, card players,
hula dancers, excited kiddos splashing in the pool,
and a feathered squawker,
it's hard to concentrate in the lobby area.

This is not a Waikiki resort;
this hotel is family with friends returning year after year!



Emilio Rules the Roost in the Lobby
He sings, whistles, squawks, and bites!



Monday Night Music and Dancing


And I'll tell you right now,
free wifi in the bars is not conducive to work!



Umbrella Drink in Paradise
The Shore Bird at the Outrigger Reef



But Terry came to my rescue with a solution;
it turns out we can pick up the hotel wifi in the bathroom!
In business for sure!






A writer's gotta do what a writer's gotta do!

In the interest of truth,
I'm finishing this post in my hotel bathroom,
on the comfy throne, not the porcelain throne.

But chances are when you read it,
I will be winging across the Pacific
on my way home to Colorado.

So, yes, I'd love to hear your thoughts
about writing while traveling;
but, even more,
I'd like to hear about some of the funny places
you've found yourself writing!

Happy writing in April!
Aloha!


Waikiki at Twilight

15 comments:

  1. Are you trying to make me hate you? Hawaii? Really? :) Actually the no internet thing may be a blessing for you as a writer. Just saying. Glad to hear your writing block has disintegrated.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having to write in the bathroom? Oh, that's too funny! I don't write while traveling or on holiday because that's when I take a break for rest and rejuvenation from my ordinary life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Writing in the bathroom - that's hilarious! I couldn't write in the lobby. Although not having WiFi might be a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG..that pic of the computer in the bathroom had me laughing out loud! sooooo funny. That hotel looks like a lot of fun and activity. I don't know how you even found a moment to write. Such a lovely vacation. I guess they discourage you from being on the computer too much. Paddleboarding looks like so much fun. Have a safe flight home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. On vacation I don't think I'd want to write. Not that I go on vacation mind you lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am really glad that you found a solution...wifi in the bathroom! LOL! Beautiful photos, Louise! Hawaii looks amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha! This was a fund post. Gotta say, I've never written in the bathroom. And despite my best efforts, I've always been too busy on vacation to write. Your vacation sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been to Waikiki. I got nowhere near pen and ink or a computer. I feel your "pain". Not! I'm glad you had a good time! your co-host ViolaFury, aka Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha, you were blogging in the looo!!!!
    I am glad you had a wonderful, restful time there!!! It sounds such a beautiful place!!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aloha! Talk about getting some R&R! I also love paddle boarding. Very cool.

    The strangest place I've written was in the car while driving down to Los Angeles to make a tight deadline. I was typing on my laptop in the passenger seat. My boyfriend issued annoyed sighs as he drove for two hours. It was the first time I'd ever felt car sick. Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aloha! Good times. Been too long since we've been to Maui. Thanks for the pics.

    I’m exploring different types of dreams and their meanings.
    Stephen Tremp’s Breakthrough Blogs

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like you had a super holiday (I am guessing it was a holiday, right?). Lovely pictures. I hardly write when I am travelling, maybe a scene or two at the most.

    Writing in the bathroom is real dedication ;)

    Rachna Chhabria
    Co-host IWSG
    Rachna's Scriptorium

    ReplyDelete
  13. A great writer is one who can adapt to their situation no matter what happens. So long as you have crayons and a big white wall, there are always options... though one might want to consider the consequences of doing a novel on a hotel wall.

    It's good to be flexible, creative, and adaptable to get your story out.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate them very much.